Have you ever wondered why home
made ice cream freezes and isn't very good left over? Have you ever wondered why store bought ice cream comes out in perfect scoops?
Today I learned that one ingredient in ice cream is diethylglycol aka antifreeze. My dad immediately said it wasn't true because they HAVE to list it as an ingredient. So I looked it up. Turns out that ice cream manufacturers are not required by law to list the additives used in the manufacturing of their product. I found this out from the PPNF Health Journal. They have a website too. Check it out here.
And in case you were wondering, the cheap additive they use in place of vanilla is piperonal. Do you know what that is?!?! Well, let me tell you what it is NORMALLY used for. It's used to kill lice. YUM!
Making things right, and changing my ways
1 week ago



5 comments:
But it sure does taste good.
ooh I like your new header! so pretty !!!
thanks! I took that picture at Sacre coeur!
are you going to post anything about your upcoming wedding or what?
I wish you would try postin again, even though the computing world is against you, I miss your blogs!
Post a Comment