Sunday, May 23, 2010

Funny Day

Today was one of the funniest days at church. I won't go into everything, but I figured I'd share the highlights.

During the sacrament I hear this really loud bang. I turn my head to see a woman whose skirt is drenched in water and the tray is empty of all the little cups!

I don't know where the loud noise came into play, but it was pretty funny. Since I couldn't really laugh I had to remind myself how much it would suck to spill all that water on my skirt. Even then, that wasn't enough to supress a little smile!

After church Clark and I have the following conversation:

Me: How was Priesthood?

Him: I don't know. I didn't go.

Me: How come?

Him: I assumed Priesthood was in the same room as Sunday School. Most wards do it that way. (new ward)

Me: That's why you didn't go?

Him: Not exactly. I fell asleep while everyone was visiting and leaving for the next block and I'm not sure how long I was asleep. When I woke up the room was empty. I couldn't figure out where class was.

I don't know why that is so funny to me! I just get this funny image of Clark waking up and being confused! Our new ward is the early session and with me working evenings and the building being 30 minutes away...bad news.

1 comment:

{Steve and Amanda} said...

From Steve; Oh my! That Clark story was so normal until I read the part "I fell asleep.." At that point, I couldn't help but laugh out loud. So funny. (especially since your new, no one would notice). I would feel bad about getting water on me, if it were I. So this week was our first week at our new ward too. I was upset that I had to walk across the parking lot to the "annex" seminary type building for elder's quorum. It was hot and I had to walk down a gravel path, which didn't feel good on the feet. Anyways. Hope the new ward works out and Clark finds his way next week.