Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Best Things Happen While You're Dancing!

A little over a month ago I heard my former manager at Fred Astaire opened his own dance studio just blocks from where I live.  I found him on Facebook and told him I would love to work for him again.  He responded and I had an interview the very next day.  2 1/2 weeks later (so cruel to make me wait that long) he called me to tell me I got the job!  Working at the music store was fun at times, but I was so relieved not to work there anymore.  The owners of the store liked to micro-manage everything, where Bill (dance studio) doesn't like to bother with the details, and just expects me to not only finish his projects, but find and stay on top of my own. 

 I am a harder worker and I do much better when I am given responisibility and I've been so happy working at a ballroom dance studio again!  I get to listen to Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Ella Fitzgerald all day.  I get to see my favorite movies with my favorite dance scenes, and I get to deal with customers that are beaming because they've been swept off their feet for an hour.  It's great because all the classics that I love, my co-workers love too, and I "fit" in when it comes to movies.  My co-worker is trying to do a routine to "Your Easy To Dance With", and I love that they are all as big of nerds as I am.  If you don't know what movie that dance is from, you're pathetic, btw. 

This Friday we are having a free showcase at our studio, "Dancing with our Rising Starz" and for 2 hours our students will dance for some judges, professional dancers will entertain, and a local dress shop will be showing off some fancy dresses.  Of course the best part?  The beautiful program made by me!  I spent hours working on it (53 Heats, a lot of typing)  and I'm very proud of it!  (I impressed Bill's partner with my mad computer skills) 

My long lost cousin Rindi is meeting me at the studio for a night of dancing!  Of course whenever cousins are involved, so is food, and so I am showing her my favorite Phoenix discovery: FEZ!!!!  I'm so excited to eat there again!  It's so delicious and there are plenty of goodies that follow my diet of no gluten, dairy, sugar, and select fruits and veggies!

If anyone is looking for something to do this weekend come check out Dance Starz AZ this Friday at 7pm!!  And don't forget to pick up a program ;)

No comments: