This semester I decided to double up on classes. I am sooooo glad that is over! (Almost) Never again.
Now that I am able to breath again, I thought I'd share some funny moments of the semester.
Funny moment #1:
My teacher tried to look up "nuque" (nape) on google images and got distracted during the middle and left out the "qu", spelling "nue" (naked). After clicking "search" she continued talking, not bothering to look at the screen. Needless to say for a split second she probably thought whatever she was saying was interesting because the class went into complete silence. I think we were all a little too shocked by the images on the screen to say anything. Whoops!
Funny moment #2:
One of my teachers doesn't speak English very well at all. She wanted to make sure we understood the word "gratte-ciel" and so she looked at the footnote to read the word in English, like I said, she doesn't know English very well, she had to look it up herself. The word that came out of her mouth was "sky crapper". She continued with her lecture and I'm sure she had no idea why the entire class was silently shaking in their seats. Bad uncontrollable case of the giggles. It wasn't really THAT funny but when one person can't control their laughter in an awkwardly silent class... well... it was all downhill from there. In case any of you are slow, she meant to say "skyscraper".
Funny moment #3:
I'm not sure that this one is that funny, more like annoying. I had a few hours to kill so I put my headphones in my phone and sat out enjoying the sunshine talking to my friend Tera.
A guy walks up to me, literally, right in my face, stops, and stares at me. I tell Tera to hang on and I free up one ear and say "hi." He apologizes for interrupting (he thought I was listening to music) and said that he just wanted to tell me he was having an awesome day and that nothing was going to get in his way. Nothing could change his mind.
He went on for about 30 seconds on how happy he was.
I really wanted to say "can you just get to the point!?" because I figured he was trying to sell me "Jesus".
There are a lot of those on campus.
Then he tells me about his weekend for about a minute and a half, and a bunch of other things I won't bore you with, because I'm bored out of my mind thinking about all this useless information he shared with me.
Then he politely says, "I'll let you get back to your phone call, because I'm really considerate like that. (5 minutes too late for being considerate) I'm so excited for this weekend, have a great day!"
Tera got more of a kick out of it than I did. I felt bad for the guy, but it was seriously weird....
Making things right, and changing my ways
1 week ago



No comments:
Post a Comment