Sunday, February 11, 2007

Au Natural

Ever since Heather converted me to WAPF,

I've decided never to take antibiotics again.

Ever.

(Unless of course my life depended on it, which isn't likely)

Well, it finally happened. I got the croup this week. At least I think.

I didn't go to a doctor.

What do they know anyway?

Whether I have croup, strep throat, tonsillitis....

the verdict is always the same.

Antibiotics.

So what do you do when your throat is swollen,

you can't swallow, and you refuse to take antibiotics?

Seriously.

What do you do!

I must admit I was a little panicked.

So I read up on what vitamins I need to help fight this

and I found I needed vitamin A, C, E and carotene.

Since I refuse to take supplements as well....

What the heck does that mean?!?

So thanks to NT I figured out what foods have those things in them,

and I am happy to say that had I taken antibiotics

I would have still been recovering and

taking those cursed pills for at least a week.

Natural Healing?

Yeah, I'm a fan. How long was I sick?

Oh, just 3 days.

And that includes recovery!

Carrot & Cream tonic anyone?

6 comments:

Heather C. said...

Bravo! Great post (it looks good too) and way to buck the system. Not that I'm a huge conspiracy theorist but I do think God's design for fighting infection can be a little more effective than science's. If not, well then at least you got an opportunity to be creative and sleuth out outrageous recipes :) I'm glad you're feeling better!

Heather C. said...

will there be more?

Heather C. said...

I know, me bugging you about blogging...will it ever end? Maybe

Heather C. said...

come on Mel, I keep looking for more!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cindy Thomas said...

That carrot smoothie looks tasty!