Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Crooked Carrot Farm

I love these little finds in this strip-mall of a valley. Finds like The Good Apple, Save Your Dairy, or just finding out your cousin owns a cow (more like 8). My latest find, thanks to Jennifer, is The Crooked Carrot Farm. This guy never uses any pesticides and just pulls the weeds if need be. Mostly he just lets them grow wild. Then he throws these vegetables in this fabulous building and leaves a box for your cash or checks. Nothing better than fresh carrots!

2 comments:

Camille said...

Mel i love the aprons. Did you know how to sew when we were roomies? I always find out new suff about you! The carrot place looks so cute. I would totally go thier if i lived in AZ. Over here they have farmers markets 2 days a week where the farmers come with all of thier fresh produce and you taste then buy. It is really fun. We just bought some Strawberrys and Cherrys last weekend. You would love it!

A said...

That is the cutest place! I LOVE fresh produce and cant wait to grow my own garden. I wish there were little places like that around here! How are you doin?