For the 4th of July we went to Texas and stayed with my brother Glenn and his family. We had SO MUCH FUN!!! It was such a nice vacation for us! Saturday morning we all went and picked blueberries. Yum!
They were so good!! We ate as much as we picked!
We even had live music while we picked. It was pretty cool, until they started doing kareoke. 30 minutes of the worst singing I've ever heard in my life, everyone was ready to leave! But it was fun making fun.
This is the machine that filters/cleans the blueberries for you.
Us.
And of course, the hayride! The rode us around the farm and let us feed the catfish in their pond. It was so cool to see those ugly fish come up from the water. None of those pictures turned out.
And my nephews had fun making faces for the camera! I had just as much fun taking them!
I didn't even post all of them, if that gives you any idea of how long we amused ourselves with that!!!
We were sad to go, but I'm so glad it's only a 6 1/2 hour drive. We definitely can't wait to go back. Cindy sent us home with a bag of blueberries, which we ate the whole way home, made a pie, and ate in our oatmeal for a few weeks. That was my first time having fresh blueberries. Not counting the fresh mushy ones from the store that cost $$$. It was delicious!
Yes, I made a square pie. Or should I say pie squared? Yes I am a dork. Anyway, turns out I don't have a pie pan. So I made it in a casserole dish that had really tall sides so the crust caved in while it baked. It was delicious!!! First time eating blueberry pie too. Yum!!
People here in Missouri are always giving us eggs. Everyone has chickens and so we usually have 4 dozen eggs at a time. My cousin Liz posted a recipe for angel food cake so I tried it. Not a hard recipe and I never want instant again!!! It's a huge difference. And it's 100x healthier from scratch.



4 comments:
Come Back soon... didn't realize all the pics you were taking! Glenn and I had such a great laugh! You two are GREAT!
Jolene... Jolene... Jolene... Joleeeene...
Not surpirsed your clients LLLLOVOOVE you! Such a fun texas trip...i love berry picking. Envious of your garden.
Looks like you had a great trip!
Post a Comment