I had one of the funniest conversations at work, before I quit, and it was one of those situations that was really funny, but you couldn't laugh, and no one present would have even understood the humor in it all. Except for me. In otherwords, I was laughing at everyone in my head. Which really makes me hope none of my ex-co-workers link to this blog from facebook. But it's really too funny not to share.
Before I start, I have to explain that if you like Gilmore Girls, you might not think this is funny. I am not a Gilmore Girls fan, and I went to YouTube to get the perfect example of why, but I couldn't handle watching even a second of it. They talk back and forth really fast, which no one talks like that in real life. In my opinion, bad acting.
Another thing you have to know about me is that I love Pippi Longstocking. What's not to love? She's strong, she has all the money in the world, she buys candy for everyone and she cleans her floors with brushes strapped to her feet.
So what does this have to do with Gilmore Girls? Well, if you are a Gilmore Girls fan, you already know the answer to that question. Me? I didn't even see it coming.
Me: Has anyone ever seen Pippi Longstocking? Not the movie, the series that's from the 70s and dubbed in english? Because it's great! I just relived my childhood last night and watched an episode. My husband is CRAZY because he doesn't like it!!!
Co-worker #1: No.
Co-worker #2: Oh wait!!!! They talk about that show on Gilmore Girls!!!! You must be really smart! Really smart, cultured people watch that show. Rory is talking about it all the time.
Co-worker #1: Oh yeah!! Wow, that's so crazy! That's awesome you watch it! You are so cultured!
Me: ? (In my head I'm thinking, I watched this when I was 5. FIVE YEARS OLD!!! It's a kid show. You're all crazy. That doesn't make you smart)
Co-worker #2: Do you watch Gilmore Girls?
Me: No. I could never get into it. They talk back and forth real fast and it sounds like they are just reading lines.
Co-worker #1: No! It's because they are witty! Really smart people talk like that.
Me: (They are just actors, none of them are really smart, their characters are, and smart people don't talk like that. Maybe you don't know anyone that's smart. Of course, I only thought that, I didn't say it)
So, I guess my parents really cultured me as a child because I watched a foreign mini-series. I'm not sure how it makes me smart to watch a girl that hides lemonade in a tree trunk. It's just a great show. And as a five year old, I loved it! It's funny. Maybe only smart people can think it's a funny kids show, and that's why my co-workers don't get it, and maybe that's why they like Gilmore Girls. Pippi Longstocking isn't cool, because some lame t.v. show says it's cool, and because people think these mediocre actors are really smart. It's cool because her dad's a pirate, and she has a pet monkey. The end.
For those of you who aren't smart like me, I hope you enjoy this clip! But I warn you, if you like Gilmore Girls, it might be too intelligent for you to understand, or enjoy!!
Making things right, and changing my ways
1 week ago



2 comments:
Actually Laruen Graham the lead actress in Gimour Girls has her Bachelors in English and her Masters in Acting. While you may not think that a Masters in Acting means much, getting your Masters in anything is impressive. And I have heard her interviewed and she actually does talk like that and she is an incredibly intelligent woman.
I'm with you... Pippi Longstocking Rules!!! Gilmore Who???
Post a Comment